Sunday, March 20, 2005

On to the Sweet Sixteen! (aka My husband can't believe he has a wife who loves to watch college basketball)

The best medicine I've had the past two weeks was watching my beloved Michigan State University Spartans beat Old Dominion on Friday and Vermont today in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

Next up is Duke.

I've mentioned the NCAA tournament a couple times recently and I'm sure the vast majority of the women who visit my blog just cannot believe that I waste precious blogging space talking about this. But I’ve been a college basketball fan since the year Earvin Johnson led the MSU Spartans to the national title over Larry Bird and the Indiana State…. What is the Indiana State mascot?

Anyhoo, I’ve been a fan ever since.

A couple of years ago my husband went to a men’s breakfast at church on a Saturday morning. It was during the tournament and David mentioned that we were looking forward to watching the games later that day. The men were stunned. The words were, “Wow. Where did you find a wife like that?”

Funny thing is that he found me online and I never mentioned I liked to follow college sports. It was just a bonus that he discovered later.

Go green! Go white!

No comments: