Wednesday, March 02, 2005

When high tech comes to your neighborhood

Yesterday I had an MRI since I've been having problems with my right leg for over a month. Being claustrophobic I was not interested in being stuck in the regular tiny MRI tube. I was thankful to discover after doing a little online research that there is a new kind of machine called an open MRI. Until recently there were only two places in Michigan that had them (Flint and Detroit). I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the first one in West Michigan opened in October 2004 and is only about six miles from my house!

This is a pretty amazing machine (and should be with a price tag of about $2.5 million dollars). The link shows the same kind of machine that was used on me.

I wrote the other day about how thankful I was for drugs and the medical profession. I just wanted to say today that I am also thankful for the incredible technology that we are blessed with in this day and age.

But that's about all for tonight. I wish I had something more profound to share, but until I can get this nagging ache in my leg healed, it is hard for me to sit for very long or be very profound. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope the MRI spots the problem! it's no fun to be in pain but especially when the cause has yet to be determined...do let us know what you find out? my prayers are with ya'.

Sallie Borrink said...

Suzanne,

Thank you for your prayers. Today was kind of a rough day...waiting for results and just wanting to feel better and get on with life! But God has allowed me to keep a cheerful attitude (most of the time!) so I am thankful for that.

Blessings to you,
Sallie