Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins

When I first came online, I found a wonderful site called Stephanie's Country Kitchen Goodness. It very sadly no longer exists. This is one of my favorite recipes from her site.

I love chocolate and I love the flavor of sour cream. These are so moist you really have to eat them with a fork! I especially appreciate them because they freeze wonderfully and thaw/warm up great in the microwave on high for about 20 seconds.

5 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F.

Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, sour cream and egg; mix well.
Stir in baking soda and baking powder.
Add flour and stir until well combined; stir in chocolate chips.

Fill paper-lined or greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
Bake for 18 minutes or until done. Cool.
Makes 1 dozen.

.

No comments: