Monday, May 02, 2005

Herb Roasted Tenderloin with Oven Roasted Potatoes

I made this yesterday for Sunday dinner. It is so easy to put together, but tastes like it took a lot more work. When I make it for the two of us, I just use one tenderloin and adjust the amount of potatoes so I have the right amount for two meals. I served it with a French Style Bean Salad.

1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp rosemary, crushed
2 tsp thyme, crushed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 and ½ lbs red potatoes, quartered
2 whole pork tenderloins (3/4 – 1 lb each)

Stir oil, garlic and seasonings. Coat meat with 3 Tbsp of seasoning mixture. Place meat in large roasting pan. Toss potatoes with remaining seasoning mixture and arrange potatoes around meat in pan.

Roast at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155 degrees and juices run clear, stirring potatoes after 20 minutes. Broil on top rack of oven 5 minutes to brown. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What oven temperature works best for this? I'm also curious whether you've ever made this ahead and reheated, or if it could be put in the oven with the oven timed to come on during church? I'm on a quest to find Sunday meals that will be ready to serve to company when we get home from church!

Thank you, and I enjoy your blog!

Elizabeth (roth.ej@earthlink.net)

Sallie Borrink said...

Elizabeth,

Yikes! Thanks for telling me I forgot the temp. That IS a useful piece of information! I've added it to the recipe.

I haven't made it ahead or put it in the oven on a timer. We have eaten it as leftovers the second day and it is good, but not as good as when it is freshly prepared (like many things). I personally would probably not serve it to guests reheated. As far as the time goes, I guess it would just be a matter of whether it would stay cool enough to stay safe until the oven turned on. I'm always kind of cautious about that kinds of stuff so I tend not to use the timer.

Hope that helps!
Sallie