Sunday, May 08, 2005

So where was I the last few days?

I have to admit that I didn’t do a whole lot of writing here the past few days because I was spending a lot of time reading other blogs. There has been a controversy of sorts in the Christian blogging world regarding a blog entry written by R.C. Sproul Jr. about women bloggers. (My summary of his entry – he thinks they can be dangerously unbiblical and should not “teach” theology.)

In an effort to stick to my original intent with my own little spot in cyberspace, I’m not going to spend a lot of time commenting on it. I would rather post pictures of God’s creation and encourage people to walk more closely with their Creator. I’m not sure if R.C. would approve, but my husband does and that’s about all that matters to me. (That should give you an idea of whether or not I agree with what R.C. wrote.) I've had enough debating/discussion/attempted blackmailing with various people about women's role in ministry and the church over the past few years to last me a lifetime. (Gee, I wonder if that's partially why this blog is not going to go to those kinds of places on a regular basis and we stick to butterflies, pinecones, Spurgeon quotes and chicken marinades?)

However, if you find controversy interesting, here are a few places you can go and read some comments and discussion.

Reflections of the Times (Not specifically about the R.C. incident, but a good explanation of why women blogging is biblically ok)

Reflections of the Times (A follow-up to the previous article and about the R.C. incident)

From The Prairie (I love her Spurgeon quote!)

Threefold Cord (Lots of comments and discussion on this one)

Walking Circumspectly (Lots of links)

No comments: