Monday, April 25, 2005

Banana Grape-Nuts Bread

This is my favorite banana bread recipe. The Grape-Nuts add a nice nutty flavor and texture.

1 & 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, well beaten
2 Tbsp shortening, melted
1 cup mashed banana

Mix flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cereal. Blend milk with bananas, egg, and shortening. Add flour mixture, stirring just until all flour is moistened. Pour into greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Banana Bread is the only one I make because the Grape Nuts cereal adds the nutrition and nutty crunch I love. The family loves it, too. Thanks for posting it - saves me from rummaging through all my recipes for my copy.