Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Thoughts on Living Life

The feeling that “if nothing is happening, nothing is happening” is the prejudice of a superficial, dependent and hollow spirit, one that has succumbed to the age and can prove its own excellence only by the quality of pseudo-events it is constantly organizing, like a bee, to that end.
Vaclav Habel

Probably the greatest malaise in our country today is our neurotic compulsion to work.
William McNamara

Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials.
Lin Yutang

What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I had realized it sooner.
Colette

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
Winston Churchill

Let a man set his heart only on doing the will of God and he is instantly free. No one can hinder him.
A. W. Tozer

God doesn’t always smooth the path, but sometimes he puts springs in the wagon.
Marshall Lucas

What you do every day should contribute to giving your life meaning. If it doesn’t, why are you doing it?
Don Hutcheson

The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.
Theodore Rubin

If you have so much business to attend to that you have no time to pray, depend upon it, you have more business on hand than God ever intended you should have.
D. L. Moody

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am so glad that you are posting to your blog again! I found your site about a month ago through a link at LAF. I check your site almost daily and am always blessed by what I read here. You always give me something to ponder and think about that I might not have otherwise. I love the quotes you posted today! Thank you and I look forward to reading more! :)

-Darcy in Minnesota

Sallie Borrink said...

Darcy,

Thank you for making my day! I am so glad you enjoy coming here.

Sallie

P.S. You made my husband's day, too!