Sunday, April 17, 2005

No Sitting Allowed

I've been experiencing something interesting the past four days. When I went to physical therapy on Thursday, my therapist told me that I should not sit unless it was absolutely necessary. Have you ever tried to spend 16 hours a day only standing, walking or lying around? It is harder than it sounds, especially if you’ve already been lying around the previous six weeks and you are totally sick of being on the couch. I really want my back to improve so I've tried to follow directions and have only really sat down to eat meals and a few other times for very short periods of time. (And the only place I can comfortably sit to eat is perched on the edge of the couch. I don’t know why that works and nothing else does but it’s true.) Right now I'm actually typing this entry standing up in front of my laptop which is on top of a crate so I can reach it comfortably.

So that gets me to why my recent posts have been short and, this weekend, non-existent. (And anyone who has been looking for a return email from me now knows why it has been so slow to come.) Most of my computer energy (which isn’t a lot since I have to stand in one place to do it and the standing in one place is the most tiring) has to be devoted to working on projects for our business.

On the bright side, we’ve eaten pretty well this weekend since working in the kitchen is one of the things I can actually do. I thought about posting some of the recipes I used this weekend, but that will have to be another day. My legs are tired of standing here and it’s time to head to bed. But, Lord willing, I'll be back tomorrow to write about legacies.

No comments: