Friday, April 01, 2005

MSU is in the Final Four – Who’d have thunk it?

As I mentioned previously, Michigan State is my team and college basketball is my sport to follow. I’m not a sports analyst (nor do I play one on TV), but here are a few thoughts from a fan.

The MSU victory over Duke last Friday was very sweet. I think that sped up my recovery by at least a day.

The double OT win over Kentucky was extremely thrilling, but I think it actually set my recovery back two days from the stress. Just a few days earlier I had felt sorry for the West Virginia and Louisville fans who had to sit through their double overtime game. Talk about stressful! I commented to my husband during their game that that is a rough way to live and die with your team. Imagine my joy(?) a few days later when I got to experience the same thing! Thankfully they came out on the winning end.

So tomorrow is North Carolina. I know 99% of the people reading this blog are not Spartans, but for the few who are… Can you imagine if MSU went through the tournament and beat not only Duke and Kentucky but also North Carolina and eventually Illinois (who beat them out for the Big Ten title)? Truly this would be Hoosiers II.

Here’s a great video of highlights from the last couple of years. If this doesn’t get you pumped for the game, NOTHING will.

GO GREEN!! GO WHITE!!

No comments: