Saturday, February 12, 2005

2005: The Year of Finishing Projects So I Don’t Have to Look at Them in Their Unfinished State Anymore

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, 2005 is The Year of Finishing Projects So I Don’t Have to Look at Them in Their Unfinished State Anymore. Now I have to believe that I am not the only one who has this problem. Anyone else want to ‘fess up and share their already-started-projects they hope to finish?

Among the things I hope to finish this year are:

A scrapbook about my teaching experiences. The layout is done; I just need to do all the journaling and I have to be in the “right” mood to do that.

A scrapbook of our “daily living”. I am probably only a couple of years behind which is actually not too bad considering most of our photos have gone into other books about vacations or renovating our home.

A scrapbook about buying and renovating our first home. I only have about six or seven pages to get this one caught up.

Two Bible studies that are approximately one third and half finished.

Approximately 40-50 books that I would TRULY like to read sometime soon. (This does not include all the other ones that aren’t on my “high interest” list.)

About 20 CDs from various places such as Vision Forum, Draught Horse Press, etc. that I am working through slowly.

Well, that is a good start. We’ll see how much I can accomplish over the next ten months!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You have some good reading material (and good taste in Blog templates). In response to your question, we were married on 1-25-97 at 2 p.m. EST. So, I believe that makes us one hour apart??

Off to check out the rest of your site.

Anonymous said...

I too not only felt I should finish my projects, but am finishing one cross stitch my son started one winter as an ambitious adolescent and is now a young man. It is going to be a gift. He will be totally surprised! This resolve to finish projects gave me just the extra discipline I needed to become a quilter, and I now have more than a few lovely quilts as well as some I have made for others. You have nothing to loose in finishing something and everything to gain!!