Sunday, February 13, 2005

Chasing a butterfly

While landscaping our backyard last year, we put in three butterfly bushes in hopes of attracting lots of butterflies. We didn’t get as many as we had hoped for, but I did spend about thirty minutes one afternoon following this butterfly around the yard with the digital camera as he went from bush to bush. He didn’t seem to mind me at all and allowed me to get quite close at times. This is one of my favorite photos from that afternoon.



There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice.
John Calvin



3 comments:

Alan S said...

Lovely butterfly. Good shot!

Anonymous said...

Sallie, this is a great picture and a wonderful quote to go with it. You ought to submit your picture to Birds and Blooms! I see you haven't posted since Feb. will be checking back!

Sallie Borrink said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for the suggestion to submit to Birds and Blooms. That is a wonderful magazine.

If you click on the "Two Talent Living" header at the top of the page, it will take you to the homepage of my blog. I have lots of posts since February. I hope you will be able to find them! There is also a "home" link after these comments that will take you to the main page.

Sallie