Sunday, February 20, 2005

Beautiful snow crystals

While we were driving home today from church and lunch, I noticed the unusual snowflakes that were hitting the windshield. I wondered why they were so long and straight so I decided to look online and see what I could find out.

Well, I was not disappointed!

Click here for a site with some amazing photographs of God's handiwork in the form of snow crystals.

Since we are expecting up to a foot of snow by tomorrow evening, I am guessing I'll have lots of opportunities for some first-hand exploring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reminded of a book we recently read - "Snowflake Bentley" about Wilson A. Bentley who photographed snowflakes and ice crystals in the 1930's. He also has a book with his photographs in it. We were amazed and delighted at discovering how detailed and intricate God's creation is even in the tiniest, often unnoticed things.