Thursday, February 24, 2005

My Monthly Mini-Vacation

Yesterday was one of my favorite days of the month – the day my mini-vacation arrives in the mail. Yes, it was time for Country, my hands-down favorite magazine. When I read that magazine I truly feel like I have taken a short, refreshing vacation.

I love Country for several reasons.

First, they have the most gorgeous photos each and every month. There are breathtaking photos from around the U.S. (and sometimes Canada). There are also cute and funny photos of children and animals. I mean, how can you go wrong there? The photos minister to my spirit in so many ways.

Second, it has no ads. That is really an amazing feat in this day and age, but to include ads would totally ruin the magazine.

Third, they aren’t afraid to acknowledge the Creator, the blessings we receive from Him and His role in giving us such a beautiful world to live in. One of my favorite features is about a different rural church each month.

Lastly, there is rarely a story or article I don’t find interesting, encouraging or funny. It is so nice to read such a wholesome magazine.

Country is published every other month. On the opposite months they publish Country EXTRA. Country EXTRA came into being because people requested that the magazine be monthly. I’m sure it goes without saying that I subscribe to both.

The tagline for Country is “For those who live in or long for the country”. That would definitely be me. We live in the city right now, but both my husband (who grew up in the country) and I really long and hope to be moving out of the city in the not too too distant future.

So there is my plug for my favorite magazine. If you’re interested in learning more, you can go to their website. And no, I’m not affiliated with them in any way – just hoping to introduce a few new people to something that means a lot to me. I hope it can minister to you as well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love country magazine! my step-granny got me and my mom hooked on it several years back...unfortunately, our budget isn't large enuff to afford any magazine subscriptions just now...but that one is on my list of ones i'd like to eventually get again...