Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Beyond anything we've ever seen...

“Sometimes I am completely perplexed by God’s willingness to humor man…When He wanted to lead the Magi to the Christ Child, He did not lead them by a mark in the sand. He led them through a star because they were star-gazers – then He went beyond anything they had ever seen… (W)hen God wanted to lead the Ephesians to the Savior, He did not lead them through a cloudy pillar. He got their attention through supernatural phenomena, because that’s where they were looking. God wants to be found…He is so gracious to show up right where we are looking – so He can take us beyond anything we’ve ever seen.” Beth Moore, To Live is Christ

After you’ve walked with God for a while, you start to notice that God has unique ways of “speaking” to you as an individual. Obviously God speaks through His Word and no other way of “speaking” will contradict what is written there. But God makes each of us with unique personalities, interests, etc. and I do believe God works through those.

One of the ways that God consistently speaks to me is through creation. Now you have to realize I am not a nature person in the sense of hiking, camping, etc. Just ask my husband who is usually quickly dispatched to take care of the occasional icky bug that invades our home! But I do take a lot of time each day to notice things like the birds, the sky, the stars, the trees, flowers, clouds, etc. Sometimes the beauty of creation is like a gentle reminder that God is there. Other times it seems like God is shouting at me!

One morning I opened the mini-blinds in my husband’s office and found one of the most amazing displays of God's artistry that I have ever had the personal joy of discovering. The photos below show the frost patterns that were on the window. To give some perspective, the top half of the double-hung window was approximately 18” x 24”. The photos show the display as you zoom in for a better look.



Whenever my husband and I see something incredible like this in God’s creation, we say to each other, our voices dripping with sarcasm, “Yep, this just happened to evolve out of the ooze.” Then we praise God for speaking to us in such a personal way.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.” Psalm 14:1

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

WOW. God Bless.